Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fruity salmon (honey lemon mango salmon)

Ok, this recipe is not for the manly-men in my family! They all hate sweet meats, but in the last few years I've actually learned to love them. It's weird, I thought my taste in food would change during puberty, but it didn't happen till I turned 20!

This recipe was actually a cross between two other very simple recipes. I'm going to describe them quickly without any measurements (which I'd have to make up anyway).

Recipe 1:
Make marinade/sauce for salmon (soy sauce, lemon juice, honey; ginger is also good here). Split into two tupperware containers, marinade salmon in one, save the other for sauce. Fry or bake the marinated salmon, adding the extra sauce on the top.

Recipe 2:
Take some fresh salmon and rub with salt and pepper. Take some mango puree (I just grate the mango), pour in some tinfoil and place the salmon filet on top, adding more mango on the top. Wrap and bake for 10 or so minutes. Unwrap and let brown for another 3 minutes or so.

Combined recipe:
Marinade the salmon. Put mango puree on the bottom of the tinfoil, then salmon, then top with extra sauce. Wrap and bake for 10 or so minutes. Unwrap and let brown for another 3 minutes or so.

I like the combined recipe because the honey, lemon, and mango play off each other really well.
Simple! Easy! Fun! Delicious!

No comments: