Monday, February 25, 2008

Red Cabbage Apple Salad

This is an Isreali-inspired salad that was some kind of stroke of genius. Since I made it up, I've made it like three times in a week and a half, which is amazing, since the dish turnaround for me is usually more like a month or two. Literally, I made a batch of it, ate HALF of it and then, in the morning, took some bread, butter, cheese, and put the salad on top of it for breakfast.

The proportions change from day to day, but overall here are the ingredients.

1 apple, grated
small piece of a red cabbage, sliced thinly
1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly (optional)
1 tb spoon mayo
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp lemon juice

sometimes I also add olive oil.

Each time I make it, I make the apple a larger portion of the salad than before hehe.

No comments: