Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mediterrasian Veggies

As you can see to the right, I link to a site called Mediterrasian Cooking. It's a cute site, but it fails to live up to the interesting name. Really it just talks about the health benefits of Mediterranean and Asian cuisines, but speaks not of the fusion the name seems to imply.

So here is my attempt at East meets... Middle East (my two fav. areas, foodwise).

Indgreds:

1 clove garlic
1/4 onion, sliced in half rings
2 tb. spoons olive oil
spices: turmeric, coriander, allspice, dried mint
1/2 cup coconut milk

a couple white mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
any other veggies you may wish

Caramelize the garlic and onion in the olive oil with the spices. Add the coconut milk and the veggies and simmer until the sauce is thick. Serve over rice.

There you go: Mediterrasian!

PS I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that this is, in fact, a vegan recipe. Triumph!!

PPS I made this recipe again recently, with a whole bunch of other veggies and also some mango cubes I threw in at the last minute. Worked out well :).

No comments: